Training and Education
ALS Update Class Presentations (NEW!)
Check this page for handouts and presentation material from the CVEMSA ALS Update Class
EMS Agency Medical Director Dr. Mark Luoto shared this presentation on "just-in-time" stress manangement from the EMCrit website with students at the October 2018 class.
ALS Update is currently on hiatus due to the COVID 19 pandemic. Once classes resume, new presentation materials will be posted or linked on this page.
Educational Opportunities (NEW!)
Watch this section for information on upcoming events, symposiums and classes relevant for EMS System Providers and Partners!
Some upcoming training events:
No current in-person educational opportunities are scheduled for the near future due to COVID-19 safety precautions. Please check this site for updates.
CVEMSA Training Modules
- Presentation: Cardiac Arrest Management (CAM) Training
- Video: Cardiac Arrest Management 2015
- Template letter
Oxygen Administration in the Field
MCI Management Plan
- Presentation: 2002 MCI Plan, ALS & BLS Providers MCI Update Training (pdf)
- Multi-Casualty Incident (MCI) Plan
Transport of Intravenous Heparin and Nitroglycerin
- Presentation: Transport of Intravenous Heparin and Nitroglycerin (pdf)
- Policy: 9902 Intravenous Infusions of Heparin & Nitroglycerin (pdf)
CVEMSA ALS Update (Required for Paramedic initial and ongoing Accreditation)
ALS Update Requirements for paramedic accreditation in Sonoma and Mendocino Counties have been temporarily waived due to COVID-19 pandemic safety precautions.
- ALS Update is currently on hiatus due to the COVID 19 pandemic. Once classes resume, the schedule will be posted on this page.
EMS Training Organizations
- Critical Care Training Institute Offers ACLS, PALS
- Survival CPR & First Aid Offers ACLS, BLS, EMT Skills Verification
- CareEdge Advanced Healthcare Training Offers ACLS and EMT Skills Verification
Coastal Valleys EMS Agency Approved EMS Continuing Education Providers
- Approved CE Providers Database
CVEMSA Authorized EMT and Paramedic Training Programs
These EMS Training Programs are approved by CVEMSA to offer the required courses to prepare individuals for certification as an EMT and/or licensure as a paramedic in California.
- Coast Life Support District
- Mendocino College
- Santa Rosa Junior College Public Safety Training Center
Online Training Websites Offering EMS CE Credit
The following selection of websites offer a variety of online EMS continuing education opportunities. These links are subject to change, and any questions about these opportunities should be directed to the training institution.